It's the latest addition to Rock N' Roll that does both road and mountain bikes. It costs a little more, but keeps it simple with one lube.
Oil-based lubes have their place, but synthetic lubes are taking over, particularly among riders who like to do it all. Rock N Roll's Gold Lube, the most versatile offering in its lubey portfolio, uses a suspended gel membrane to serve up seriously smooth shifts in all conditions—just dump it on, wipe off the excess, and hit the trail or road it works like butta!
- Put the chain on the big ring in the front, and the small cog on the back.
- Apply the lube on the chain, over the top of the cog. Let a nice flow of lube go onto the chain (don’t be cheap). Remember you’re going to clean and lube the chain in one step.
- Freewheel the chain backwards, and wipe off all of the dirt and grit that comes up to the surface of the chain. Keep in mind, you can’t wipe off the chain too much, so make that chain shine!
- Shift the chain off the big ring, so you can wipe off the chain ring, to clean up the little bit of residue left behind.
- For best results, allow your chain to sit a few hours or lube the night before. However, if right after lubing, you have to ride, you have to ride, so go for it. Giving the lube a chance to set gives the lube a bit more life by allowing the protective membrane to fully set-up. Remember, to wipe off you chain after riding regardless if you’re going to re-lube or not. This keeps the chain clean and looking great!